Dear Parents of Students in Grades 10 and 11
In roughly 25 days from now, our Grade 12 grads will be celebrating a very special time. High school Graduation Dinner/Dance and their Dry After Grad.
What is a Dry After Grad Party?
"In its strictest and simplest sense, a dry grad party is an all-night after graduation celebration where a complete prohibition on drug and alcohol are enforced. Dry Grad parties typically offer an exciting and absorbing variety of fun activities, food, compelling entertainment and prizes. Dry grads have established a new tradition of drug-and alcohol-free celebrations because they demonstrate that a great party-at any time-does not need drugs and alcohol to be fun.
Dry Grads require the energy and devotion of a core of volunteer parents who do all the planning and presentation of the party. For the event itself, as many as 100 volunteers can be required to decorate, supervise, run and organize activities and serve food."
We are still missing volunteers for this event. Please help us and volunteer!
Here are a list of what is needed.
- Security 1 more person for an overnight shift from 11 :00pm on Thursday June 29th to 5:00 am Friday June 30th.
- Food: 1 more person to help serve the food and drinks. it is an overnight shift from 11:00pm on Thursday June 29th to 5:00 am Friday June 30th.
- Take-Down: 5 more people to help take down all the decorations and pack them away. This is a morning shift on Friday June 30th from 5:00am-8:00am.
- Red Carpet: 3 more people are needed to help with the photographers and the 250 grads on the red carpet. This shift is on Thursday June 29th from about 2:00pm-6:00pm
- Parking: 1 more person is needed to help the 250 grads and their families, get to where they need to be and park in the proper places.
- Entertainment: 2 more people to help supervise all those grads during their fantastic entertainment that is planned for them. This is an overnight shift from
- 11:00pm on Thursday June 29th to 5:00 am Friday June 30th.
- Dressing Rooms: 1 male (possibly a total of one female and 2 males) to supervise for about 1.5 hours in the boys changing room. When the grads get back from their dinner dance, they will kick off those heels and get out of those beautiful gowns and tuxedos and change into something more comfortable for the evening. This shift is from 11:30 pm on Thursday June 29th to about 1:00am on Friday June 30th
PLEASE VOLUNTEER, Your kids will be attending this event themselves in a year or two and your kids will appreciate that none of their parents will volunteer at that special night.
Let me know if you have any questions,