Rmd. School District Support Workers
Settlement Workers in Schools (SWIS):
Ms. Clara Avandano, avaiable at McMath by appointment only. Translation services and other cultural supports available for families new to Canada and the Richmond school district.
Hearing Resource Teacher:
Ms. Melinda Newman, available at McMath on Wednesday and Thursday.
Aboriginal Support Teacher:
Ms. Monique Giard, available at McMath on Mondays in the counselling centre.
Other district support staff available by referal of School Based Team/Counsellor:
- Speach Language Pathologist (SLP),
- School Psychologist
Community Based Support Workers connected to McMath
School Public Health Nurse:
Lorissa Chang, available by appointment.
Richmond Addictions Services:
Provides various programs to students and their families, such as CATS (Constructive Alternatives to Suspensions).
See your counsellor to learn more or for a referall about these other counselling service partners:
- Richmond Child & Adolescent Program (CAP), Walk-in Intake available
- Wed. 2:30-4:30 at 8100 Granville St., Rmd.,
- Thur. 9-3:30 at #200-6100 Bowling Green, Rmd.
- Chimo Crisis Services (www.chimocrisis.com)
- Vancouver Coast Health: Mental Health Promotion & Counselling (604-233-3223)
- City of Richmond, Roving Leaders (http://www.richmond.ca/parksrec/youth/youthoutreach.htm)