Welcome to the Parent Advisory Council for our School, Ecole Secondaire R.A.McMath Secondary.
As a parent/guard of a McMath student you automatically belong to and are a voting member of the R.A. McMath Parent Advisory Council (PAC). Parent representatives also form the working committee (PAC Executive).
PAC Executive 2020 - 2021
PAC Chair: Ms. Samantha Harrison
Vice Chair: Ms. Dionne McFie
Treasurer: Mr. Jon Lee
Parents also have representation in the Richmond District Parents' Association providing a link with other schools in Richmond and BC.
- committed to the quality of education and well-being of the students at McMath.
- to work cooperatively with staff, administration, students, and parents/guardians to strengthen the involvement of families and the community in the education of the students of McMath.
- communicate with parent/guardians
- promote the involvement of parents in the education of their children
- provide a forum for parents/guardians to understand and have input into the school's policies and practices
- promote the development of positive family, school, and community relations
- provide support for school-based initiatives and activities
This is a time for all parents to hear the latest on happenings at McMath, to discuss parents' ideas and ask questions.
McMath PAC meetings are generally held on a Tuesday evening from 7:00 - 9:00 pm and due to the current pandemic, all meetings will be held virtually. The dates for this school year are
- Sept. 29, 2020
- Oct. 27, 2020
- Nov. 24, 2020
- Jan. 26, 2021
- Feb. 23, 2021
- Apr. 27, 2021
- May 25, 2021
- Updates from the school administration, usually presented by our Principal, Ms. Jane McFadyen
- Committee Reports covering areas such as parent education workshops, grad, RDPA - Richmond District Parents Association
- Treasurer’s Report
- General and New Business
- Periodic guest speakers
Any parents wishing to be added to the PAC Distribution list, please email us at McMathPAC@gmail.com